Sunday 25 May 2014

Day 17 - Broken Frame

Ride cut short by the frame breaking!


Amazing coastline...
... with a private beach house, only accessible from the Sea. Amazing :)
Frame snapped on the drive side chain stay, I suspect this was cracked in the Montenegro incident (less than 200mile ago) and finally failed whilst climbing.
Rescued from the roadside by two friendly firemen Darko and Pajo who pull on the knowledge of the local community to find a same day solution. The welder need the frame stripped down so Anka kindly provided her husbands garage! Wonderful experience, the kindest most helpful people you could ever hope to meet... I will still be smiling about this in London :)



Work in progress

This seems a lovely place for my rest day :)

Local dish made from scratch including wood fire just for me! After dinner wine made by the landlord Robert and consumed with my new German friend Bernd :)

No comments:

Post a Comment