Sunday 25 May 2014

Day 14 - Survived Montenegro

Made good my escape and found a lovely guest house just outside Dubrovnik.

Packed and ready
Game face on, no fear (quaking inside)

No time to thoroughly check out the damaged wheel, but it runs freely enough so tube change and go.
 
 
Stunning scenery...
 
Away from the towns, the roads are quiet and I start to relax...
Then I see this, and think a photo without crash barrier might be nice...
Some how forgot, the roads where full of wanton killers.
 
A diver heading down the hill decided it take me out using the car coming the opposite way, by deliberately swerving across the line just before he drew level! I looked him square in the face as the other inched past me wondering if I would survive such callousness and all I saw was anger - bizarre! Back feeling worse than last night.
 
Chatting to a friend later, moments later he sent me this:
 
During the day I had another 2 incidents, one with another truck pulling a punishment pass this time hitting the handle bar and another with a car hitting the rear pannier as they over take. I am astounded that I have managed to stay on the road! and in one piece!
 

Really quiet road and find another problem with the bike thanks to the noise of a busted mudguard, roadside repairs.
Final section of stunning scenery, with a ferry and despite being the country's only port the waters a crystal clear.

At last the border :)
So pleased to see this sign!
That's a big pig ;)
Huge dinner with great service, even I cant finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment